Would you like to work for Utah’s premier NPR member station? KUER provides employment in the following departments: Administration, Development, Engineering, RadioWest, News and Operations. You can search the job listings through the University of Utah's job board here: University of Utah's Division of Human Resources.
If your organization would like to receive current information about KUER job openings, please contact KUER's Human Resources at (801) 585-6021 or e-mail email@example.com.
The following positions at KUER are now posted:
KUER seeks a creative fundraising professional and team-oriented leader to help the station continue to grow its successful membership program. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience managing an annual fund or membership programs that includes strategic vision, direct mail, digital fundraising, email marketing and on-air pledge drives to ensure robust and sustainable growth. Key priorities include developing effective long-term strategies for acquisition, retention and stewardship activities.
Freelance Producer (6‐8 week temporary Independent Contractor)
Are you an experienced audio storyteller who has collaborated with teens to produce creative media content? KUER is partnering with Ogden’s Nurture the Creative Mind to produce a youth-focused podcast, and we’re looking for an executive producer. This is a temporary contract position – find all the details here!
KUER offers internships for a 1 semester duration with $500 stipend. Application deadlines and schedules may vary between internship positions. KUER internships are not limited to University of Utah students - applications are accepted from students and non-students. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
Please contact via email only.
- News Internship:
- Contact: Terry Gildea – firstname.lastname@example.org
- KUER is home to an award-winning news team that produces daily and feature news serving a listening audience throughout Utah. The intern will eventually produce daily news spots and possibly a radio feature story during the semester.
- Applicants must have some experience editing audio with Adobe Audition. Experience gathering audio with a digital recorder is also desired. Many of these skills are taught in the COMM 3520 class at the University of Utah, but equivalent experience or instruction is also acceptable.
- This internship requires a minimum commitment of two full 8-hour days a week.
- Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in public radio and broadcasting to News Director Terry Gildea at email@example.com. Deadlines are listed above.
- Application Deadlines: Summer 2017 - April 28th | Fall 2017 – July 27th | Spring 2018 – December 8th
- Contact: Elaine Clark – firstname.lastname@example.org
- RadioWest is the weekday interview program on KUER. The intern will learn behind-the-scenes radio production by providing administrative and technical support for the show. Prior radio production experience is not necessary, but excellent computer and research skills, as well as a strong curiosity about the news are essential.
- Duties include audio editing, listener services, database management, audio archive maintenance and other tasks as assigned. The position requires a commitment of 8-12 hours a week, weekday afternoons (Mondays – Thursdays).
- Please send your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in public radio and broadcasting to email@example.com.
- Application Deadlines: Summer 2017 - April 14th | Fall 2017 – July 27th | Spring 2018 – December 8th
Marketing / Development Internship
- Contact: Gayle Ewer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internship is filled for the 2017-2018 academic year. Applications accepted for Summer 2018, Fall 2018 and Spring 2019.
- KUER’s Marketing Team promotes the station statewide through advertising, community engagement, social media and events.
- The marketing intern will assist with email campaigns, social media, community engagement events, station events, non-profit outreach and media contacts.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Good computer and organizational skills are essential. Marketing and social media skills are preferred.
- The position requires a commitment of 15 hours a week during business hours. (Flexible schedule.) Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in public radio and marketing to email@example.com by April 1, 2018.
- Application Deadlines: Spring 2018 – December 8th
- KUER and KUED are proud to host the annual Robert K. Avery Endowed Public Media Internship available for University of Utah students.
- KUED will be hosting the internship for the 2017-18 school year. For more information about the Avery internship please contact James Davie at firstname.lastname@example.org, or see the job posting here.
- For information please visit the University of Utah Department of Communication