Would you like to work for Utah’s premier NPR member station? KUER provides employment in the following departments: Administration, Development, Engineering, RadioWest, News and Operations. Open positions are recruited through University of Utah Human Resources. You can search for current job openings at http://employment.utah.edu/ or view https://www.hr.utah.edu/careers/staff/index.php for additional information.
- University of Utah Human Resources
- 250 E 200 S, 16th Floor
- Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Phone: 801-581-2169
- Fax: 801-581-8462
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your organization would like to participate in a mail list to receive current information about station job openings, please contact KUER Human Resources at the contact below:
- Nicholas Loomans
- University of Utah
- HRM Analyst – UIT/Eccles Broadcast Center
- Phone: 801-585-6021
- Email: Nicholas.Loomans@utah.edu
- 101 Wasatch Dr., Rm. 215
- Salt Lake City UT 84112
KUER and the University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans, and provides reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of applicants and employees.
The following positions at KUER are now posted:
KUER offers internships for a 1 semester duration with $500 stipend. Application deadlines and schedules may vary between internship positions. KUER internships are not limited to University of Utah students - applications are accepted from students and non-students. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
Please contact via email only.
- News Internship:
- Contact: Terry Gildea – email@example.com
- KUER is home to an award-winning news team that produces daily and feature news serving a listening audience throughout Utah. The intern will eventually produce daily news spots and possibly a radio feature story during the semester.
- Applicants must have some experience editing audio with Adobe Audition. Experience gathering audio with a digital recorder is also desired. Many of these skills are taught in the COMM 3520 class at the University of Utah, but equivalent experience or instruction is also acceptable.
- This internship requires a minimum commitment of two full 8-hour days a week.
- Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in public radio and broadcasting to News Director Terry Gildea at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadlines are listed above.
- Application Deadlines: Summer 2017 - April 28th | Fall 2017 – July 27th | Spring 2018 – December 8th
- Contact: Elaine Clark – email@example.com
- RadioWest is the weekday interview program on KUER. The intern will learn behind-the-scenes radio production by providing administrative and technical support for the show. Prior radio production experience is not necessary, but excellent computer and research skills, as well as a strong curiosity about the news, are essential.
- Duties include audio editing, listener services, database management, audio archive maintenance and other tasks as assigned. The position requires a commitment of 8-12 hours a week, weekday afternoons (Mondays – Thursdays).
- Please send your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in public radio and broadcasting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Deadlines: Summer 2017 - April 14th | Fall 2017 –
July 27thAugust 11 | Spring 2018 – December 8th
Marketing / Development Internship
- Contact: Gayle Ewer - email@example.com
- Internship is filled for the 2017-2018 academic year. Applications accepted for Summer 2018, Fall 2018 and Spring 2019.
- KUER’s Marketing Team promotes the station statewide through advertising, community engagement, social media and events.
- The marketing intern will assist with email campaigns, social media, community engagement events, station events, non-profit outreach and media contacts.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Good computer and organizational skills are essential. Marketing and social media skills are preferred.
- The position requires a commitment of 15 hours a week during business hours. (Flexible schedule.) Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in public radio and marketing to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2018.
- Application Deadlines: Spring 2018 – December 8th
- KUER and KUED are proud to host the annual Robert K. Avery Endowed Public Media Internship available for University of Utah students.
- KUED will be hosting the internship for the 2017-18 school year. For more information about the Avery internship please contact James Davie at email@example.com, or see the job posting here.
- For information please visit the University of Utah Department of Communication