Would you like to work for Utah’s premier NPR member station? KUER provides employment in the following departments: Administration, Development, Engineering, RadioWest, News and Operations. Open positions are recruited through University of Utah Human Resources. You can search for current job openings at http://employment.utah.edu/ or view https://www.hr.utah.edu/careers/staff/index.php for additional information.
- University of Utah Human Resources
- 250 E 200 S, 16th Floor
- Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Phone: 801-581-2169
- Fax: 801-581-8462
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your organization would like to participate in a mail list to receive current information about station job openings, please contact KUER Human Resources at the contact below:
- Nicholas Loomans
- University of Utah
- HRM Analyst – UIT/Eccles Broadcast Center
- Phone: 801-585-6021
- Email: Nicholas.Loomans@utah.edu
- 101 Wasatch Dr., Rm. 215
- Salt Lake City UT 84112
KUER and the University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans, and provides reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of applicants and employees.
The following positions at KUER are now posted:
KUER’s Director of Programming and Promotion is responsible for all programming, promotion and audience development for one of the country’s most successful and innovative public radio stations. This person oversees national programming and helps create innovative approaches for the creation and promotion of original content and new programming on KUER’s multiple platforms.
The Director of Programming and Promotion reports to the General Manager and supervises staff in operations, promotion, podcasting and digital engagement. This individual works collaboratively with KUER’s General Manager and News Director to create, articulate and advocate the station’s content strategy and vision and maintain KUER’s ethics and standards.
KUER seeks a weekend board operator. This person is responsible for managing the broadcast of national programming and local station breaks. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the quality and tone of public radio and be comfortable speaking on the air in an appropriate, clear and conversational manner. Prior broadcasting, announcing, theatrical or public speaking experience may be helpful. The position requires the operation and troubleshooting of broadcast equipment, prompt attention to breaking news coverage, technical problems and other unexpected situations. Live recording and audio production may be required as needed. This position is an ongoing, part-time weekend shift at KUER 90.1, with other weekend or weekday fill-in shifts assigned as necessary.
KUER offers internships for a 1 semester duration with $500 stipend. Application deadlines and schedules may vary between internship positions. KUER internships are not limited to University of Utah students - applications are accepted from students and non-students. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
Please contact via email only.
- Contact: Julia Ritchey, Managing Editor – email@example.com
- KUER is home to an award-winning news team that produces daily and feature news serving a listening audience throughout Utah. The intern will help collect sound and produce stories for our daily newscast and shadow reporters working on long-form features during the semester. This internship may include other projects to support newsroom and station operations as needed.
- Applicants should have some experience editing audio with Adobe Audition (or similar program like Hindenburg or Pro Tools). Experience gathering audio with a digital recorder is also desired. Many of these skills are taught in the COMM 3520 class at the University of Utah, but equivalent experience or instruction is also acceptable.
- This internship requires a minimum commitment of 12 hours a week.
- Applications are accepted through the University of Utah's HR portal. Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in public radio. Deadlines are listed below.
- Next Application Deadline:
-Fall 2018 — July 30, 2018
- Contact: Elaine Clark – firstname.lastname@example.org
- RadioWest is the weekday interview program on KUER. The intern will learn behind-the-scenes radio production by providing administrative and technical support for the show. Prior radio production experience is not necessary, but excellent computer and research skills, as well as a strong curiosity about the news, are essential.
- Duties include audio editing, listener services, database management, audio archive maintenance and other tasks as assigned. The position requires a commitment of 12-16 hours a week, weekday afternoons (Mondays – Thursdays).
- Applications are accepted through the University of Utah's HR portal. Please include your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in public radio and broadcasting
- Application Deadline: Summer 2018 – April 13
Marketing / Development Internship
- Contact: Gayle Ewer - email@example.com
- Internship is filled for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- KUER’s Marketing Team promotes the station statewide through advertising, community engagement, social media and events.
- The marketing intern will assist with email campaigns, social media, community engagement events, station events, non-profit outreach and media contacts.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Good computer and organizational skills are essential. Marketing and social media skills are preferred.
- The position requires a commitment of 15 hours a week during business hours. (Flexible schedule.) Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in public radio and marketing to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2018.
- Application Deadlines for 2018-2019 academic year: June 1
- KUER and KUED are proud to host the annual Robert K. Avery Endowed Public Media Internship available for University of Utah students.
- KUED will be hosting the internship for the 2017-18 school year. For more information about the Avery internship please contact James Davie at email@example.com, or see the job posting here.
- For information please visit the University of Utah Department of Communication