When you choose to donate to KUER, you can also support the Utah Food Bank by choosing the Utah Food Bank Premium when you pledge.
Did you know:
- 1 in 5 Utah children, and 472,000 Utahns, are at risk of missing a meal today.
- This equates to 17% of our population.
- 1 in 5 Utah children will likely miss a meal today due to lack of resources.
- September is National Hunger Action Month.
There is no better time to support two great causes!
- Pledge $5/month (or $60 one-time donation) to donate 10 meals to the Utah Food Bank
- Pledge $10/month (or $120 one-time donation) to donate 20 meals to the Utah Food Bank
- Pledge $20/month (or $240 one-time donation) to donate 40 meals to the Utah Food Bank
About the Utah Food Bank:
The Utah Food Bank’s mission is Fighting Hunger Statewide. With more than 110 years of operation, they are one of the oldest charities in Utah and are committed to helping Utahns facing hunger in all 29 counties. The Utah Food Bank has a statewide network of more than 130 partner agencies, consisting of emergency food pantries, regional food banks, and congregate feeding sites such as soup kitchens. They also have a mobile pantry truck that visits 62 pre-established locations monthly where a brick and mortar pantry doesn’t exist in order to reach underserved populations in the state.
The Utah Food Bank has several direct food programs, including Kids Café, which prepares and distributes up to 1800 hot, nutritious meals daily to children who may not get dinner that evening at more than 30 after-school sites, the BackPack Program, which distributes backpacks full of easy-to-open and kid-friendly food each Friday during the school year to help get kids through the weekend, and the Food Box Program, delivering food boxes containing about a week’s worth of food to homebound seniors and people with disabilities.
Through generous donations of food time and money last year, the Utah Food Bank was able to distribute more than 36 million pounds of food, the equivalent of over 28 million meals, to Utahns facing hunger statewide. Support the Utah Food Bank with your donation to KUER.