Salt Lake City, Utah – Estimates on the number of attendees are varying widely for Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally in Washington DC this past weekend. Numbers range from just under 90,000 to Beck's own claim of at least 500,000. And that doesn't include the nearly 150,000 who watched the live Facebook stream across the country. Tuesday, we're talking about Beck, his decidedly religious message and what it reveals about the people who traveled to hear him.
- Today's Guests:
- Listen to NPR Andrea Seabrook's Beck Rally More Church Picnic Than Tea Party Protest
- Joanna Brooks blogs about Mormonism at ReligionDispatches.org
- Read Robert Jensen's Glenn Beck's Redemption Song at the Texas Observer
Or shop on-line Amazon.com for books and music from today's RadioWest. A portion of your purchase benefits KUER.
- Music from Today's RadioWest:
- Red Sparowes, Alone and Unaware, the Landscape was transformed in Front of Our Eyes
- Red Sparowes, A Brief Moment of Clarity Broke Through the Deafening Hum, but it was too Late
- Dianogah, At the Mercy of the Mustang from Battle Champions