Salt Lake City, UT – The downtown farmer's market begins a new season in Salt Lake City tomorrow - a good opportunity to talk about the condition of independent farms and the growing trend of community supported agriculture. Why do the striped beets on John Borski's little farm in Kaysville taste so good? What is it about Jamie Gillmor's Morgan Valley lamb that is so flavorful? It's more than just good soil and open range land. It has something to do with scale and community. Among our guests today the writer George Pyle will make his case against industrial food and for the independent farm. (Rebroadcast)
- Visit Borski Organic Farms on-line.
- Visit Morgan Valley Lamb on-line.
- Visit Liberty Heights Fresh
- For information on the Slow Food movement and Community Supported Agriculture, visit slowfoodutah.org
- The Salt Lake City Downtown Alliance Farmer's Market begins tomorrow, June 14, 2008. To learn more, visit their web-site.
- Wasatch Commons
Or shop on-line Amazon.com for books and music from today's RadioWest. A portion of your purchase benefits KUER.