Table of Contents: About KUER | Mission Statement | Report to the Community | Local News | Senior Management | Funding | Diversity Policy | FCC/EEO Regulations and Reports, and CPB Reports | Advisory Board Members | Advisory Board Meetings | Job Listings
KUER public radio, a charter member of National Public Radio (NPR), broadcasts from the Eccles Broadcast Center at The University of Utah. KUER 90.1 is a 501(c)3 non-profit and is a tax-exempt organization that provides a commercial-free mix of NPR, BBC and local news to thousands of listeners throughout Utah and beyond through its extensive translator network. In addition to its FM channel at 90.1, KUER also broadcasts two additional channels in high-definition (HD). KUER2 features the BBC World Service, and KUER3 offers traditional and contemporary classical music. KUER 90.1 and its HD channels can be streamed online at www.kuer.org and with KUER's mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
To learn more about KUER's history, click here.
KUER 90.1's Mission Statement
It is our fundamental belief that information and public engagement enrich a community. To that end, KUER 90.1 is intensely committed to building a community of world citizens through story and art, discussion and debate, sound and creativity. Our work is driven by our Public Service Mission: KUER enhances the lives of its audience with a blend of news, information and entertainment in an unbiased, non-commercial context and creates an ongoing source of service and support vital to community organizations.
In 2016, KUER continued to grow with sustainers, listeners and locally produced content. Find information on RadioWest's guests, the News Team's national stories and the social good program with our creatively designed infographic. Click here for the 2016 Annual Report Infographic.
KUER's Local News
KUER is home to an award-winning news team. KUER's local news features include short and long-form stories, ranging in topics from health and politics to the environment and the arts. KUER's local interview program, RadioWest, explores the way the world works with guests like Desmond Tutu, E.L. Doctorow and Diane Rehm.
Maria O'Mara, General Manager
Ja'Naye Payne, Development Director
Doug Fabrizio, RadioWest Producer & Host
Terry Gildea, News Director
Tristin Tabish, Content Director
Lewis Downey, Engineer
KUER’s Studios and administrative offices are located in the Eccles Broadcast Center on the U of U campus:
Eccles Broadcast Center
101 S Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
The majority of KUER's funding comes from individual listener contributions and support from corporations and foundations. Financial support also comes from The University of Utah, the corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), and other miscellaneous sources.
Click here for a list of the businesses and corporations that financially contribute to, or underwrite, KUER.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) requires that we make annual financial reports available to the public. To obtain those copies please contact Rebecca W Davis, CFO, KUED 7 and KUER 90.1, at 801-581-4348 or via email at email@example.com.
KUER's Current Reports
FCC / EEO Report: FCC/EEO Report 2016 (DOC)
KUER CPB Annual Financial Report: KUER CPB AFR '16 (PDF)
KUER Audited Financial Statements: 2016 Audited Financial Statements (PDF)
KUER Supplemental Activities: Supplemental Activities 2016 (DOC)
KUER Referral Sources: Referral Sources 2016 (XLS)
KUER FCC Ownership Report: FCC Ownership Report 2012 (PDF)
KUEU, KUHU, KUOU, KUXU FCC Ownership Report: FCC Ownership Report 2013 (PDF)
KUER's Governing Board
KUER's license to broadcast is held by The University of Utah. The University of Utah, founded in 1850, is the first and largest public higher education institution in the state. It is one of ten colleges and universities in the Utah System of Higher Education. The Utah State Board of Regents, appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Utah State Senate, administers the system.
The governing board is the University of Utah Board of Trustees. For meeting dates and times, visit http://admin.utah.edu/board-of-trustees/.
Please click the following links to open new browser windows to the Web site of the University of Utah, the Utah State Board of Regents Web site, the Web site of the governor of Utah, and the Utah State Senate Web site for more information.
KUER's Advisory Board - click here to view
KUER's Open Meeting Policy - KUER holds open advisory meetings at the Eccles Broadcast Center - 101 S. Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT, 84112. All advisory board meetings will be held from on these dates 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM at the Eccles Broadcast Center unless otherwise stated:
KUER Advisory Board Meetings:
- Wednesday, September 7th, 2016, 3:00 - 8:00 pm, Martine Restaurant, 22 East, 100 South, Salt Lake City, 84102
- Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016
- Wednesday, February 1st, 2017
- Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017
Capital Campaign Steering Committee Meetings:
- Friday, October 21st - 8:00 - 9:30 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Tuesday, November 15th - 9:00 - 10:30 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Tuesday, January 10th - 9:00 - 10:30 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Monday, February 6th - 9:00 - 10:30 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Monday, February 27th - 9:00 - 10:30 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Marketing Committee Meetings:
- Tuesday, November 15th - 12:00 - 1:00 pm, Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 S. Wasatch Dr., Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Tuesday, December 13th - 12:00 - 1:30 pm, Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 S. Wasatch Dr., Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Tuesday, January 17th - 12:00 - 1:30 pm, Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 S. Wasatch Dr., Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Thursday, February 23rd - 12:00 - 1:30 pm, Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 S. Wasatch Dr., Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Thursday, April 20th - 12:00 - 1:30 pm, Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 S. Wasatch Dr., Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Public Integrity Committee Meetings:
- Tuesday, November 15th - 1:30 - 3:00 pm, Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 S. Wasatch Dr., Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Thursday, December 15th - 12:00 - 1:00 pm, Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 S. Wasatch Dr., Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Thursday, February 16th - 1:00 - 2:00 pm, Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 S. Wasatch Dr., Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Would you like to work for Utah’s premier NPR member station? If providing news, information and entertainment to the community is important to you, then join the KUER team. KUER provides employment in the following departments: Administration, Development, Engineering, News and Operations. You can search the job listings through the University of Utah's job board here: University of Utah's Division of Human Resources.
The following positions at KUER are now posted:
KUER seeks an ambitious, detail oriented Special Events Assistant to plan and manage station and mission related events, including fundraisers, partnerships and community forums.
If your organization would like to receive current information about KUER job openings, please contact KUER's Human Resources at (801) 585-6021 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.