Table of Contents: About KUER | Mission Statement | Report to the Community | Local News | Senior Management | Funding | Diversity Policy | FCC/EEO Regulations and Reports, and CPB Reports | Advisory Board Members | Advisory Board Meetings
KUER public radio, a charter member of National Public Radio (NPR), broadcasts from the Eccles Broadcast Center at The University of Utah. KUER 90.1 is a 501(c)3 non-profit and is a tax-exempt organization that provides a commercial-free mix of NPR, BBC and local news to thousands of listeners throughout Utah and beyond through its extensive translator network. In addition to its FM channel at 90.1, KUER also broadcasts two additional channels in high-definition (HD). KUER2 features the BBC World Service, and KUER3 offers traditional and contemporary classical music. KUER 90.1 and its HD channels can be streamed online at www.kuer.org and with KUER's mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
To learn more about KUER's history, click here.
We want to hear from you! Help us better fulfill your needs by filling out our Community Feedback Form here.
KUER 90.1's Mission Statement
It is our fundamental belief that information and public engagement enrich a community. To that end, KUER 90.1 is intensely committed to building a community of world citizens through story and art, discussion and debate, sound and creativity. Our work is driven by our Public Service Mission: KUER enhances the lives of its audience with a blend of news, information and entertainment in an unbiased, non-commercial context and creates an ongoing source of service and support vital to community organizations.
In 2016, KUER continued to grow with sustainers, listeners and locally produced content. Find information on RadioWest's guests, the News Team's national stories and the social good program with our creatively designed infographic. Click here for the 2016 Annual Report Infographic.
KUER's Local News
KUER is home to an award-winning news team. KUER's local news features include short and long-form stories, ranging in topics from health and politics to the environment and the arts. KUER's local interview program, RadioWest, explores the way the world works with guests like Desmond Tutu, E.L. Doctorow and Diane Rehm.
Maria O'Mara, General Manager
Ja'Naye Payne, Development Director
Doug Fabrizio, RadioWest Producer & Host
Tristin Tabish, Content Director
Lewis Downey, Engineer
KUER’s Studios and administrative offices are located in the Eccles Broadcast Center on the U of U campus:
Eccles Broadcast Center
101 S Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
The majority of KUER's funding comes from individual listener contributions and support from corporations and foundations. Financial support also comes from The University of Utah, the corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), and other miscellaneous sources.
Click here for a list of the businesses and corporations that financially contribute to, or underwrite, KUER.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) requires that we make annual financial reports available to the public. To obtain those copies please contact Rebecca W Davis, CFO, KUED 7 and KUER 90.1, 101 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 or call 801-581-4348 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KUER's Current Reports
FCC / EEO Report: FCC/EEO Report 2017 (PDF)
KUER CPB Annual Financial Report: KUER CPB AFR Report (PDF)
KUER Audited Financial Statements: 2016 Audited Financial Statements (PDF)
KUER Supplemental Activities: Supplemental Activities 2017 (PDF)
KUER Referral Sources: Referral Sources 2017 (PDF)
KUER FCC Ownership Report: FCC Ownership Report 2012 (PDF)
KUEU, KUHU, KUOU, KUXU FCC Ownership Report: FCC Ownership Report 2013 (PDF)
KUER's Governing Board
KUER's license to broadcast is held by The University of Utah. The University of Utah, founded in 1850, is the first and largest public higher education institution in the state. It is one of ten colleges and universities in the Utah System of Higher Education. The Utah State Board of Regents, appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Utah State Senate, administers the system.
The governing board is the University of Utah Board of Trustees. A list of current members is listed on the University of Utah Board of Trustees website https://admin.utah.edu/board-of-trustees/. For meeting dates and times, visit https://admin.utah.edu/board-of-trustees/meeting-schedule/.
Please click the following links to open new browser windows to the Web site of the University of Utah, the Utah State Board of Regents Web site, the Web site of the governor of Utah, and the Utah State Senate Web site for more information.
KUER's Advisory Board - click here to view
KUER's Open Meeting Policy - KUER holds open advisory meetings at the Eccles Broadcast Center - 101 S. Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT, 84112. All advisory board meetings will be held from on these dates 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM at the Eccles Broadcast Center unless otherwise stated:
KUER Advisory Board Meetings:
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 3:00 - 6:00 pm, New Yorker Restaurant, 60 W Market St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Wednesday, November 1, 2017
- Thursday, February 1, 2018
- Wednesday, May 2, 2018
Capital Campaign Steering Committee Meetings:
- Monday, July 17th, 2017 - 9:00 - 10:30 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Monday, August 21st, 2017 - 9:00 - 10:30 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017 - 9:00 - 10:30 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 - 9:00 - 10:30 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Tuesday, November 7th, 2017 - 9:00 - 10:00 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Tuesday, December 5th, 2017 - 9:00 - 10:00 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Monday, January 8th, 2018 - 9:00 - 10:00 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Monday, February 12, 2018 - 9:00 - 10:00 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Marketing Committee Meetings:
- Thursday, August 17th, 2017 - 12:00 - 1:30 pm, The Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Wednesday, August 29, 2017 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, Publik Coffee Roasters, 975 S. West Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Thursday, October 5, 2017 - 12:00 - 1:30 pm, The Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 12:00 - 1:30 pm, The Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 12:00 - 1:30 pm, The Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Public Integrity Committee Meetings: