RadioWest (M-F @ 11AM & 7PM)
Mon September 26, 2005
Monday, September 26: Population and the Planet
By Doug Fabrizio
Salt Lake City, UT – Werner Fornos, the President of The Population Institute, is reminding people that by mid-century, the number of people in countries struggling with poverty, hunger and disease will approach 8 billion. Fornos is coming to Utah this week to talk about the implications of world population issues. Doug Fabrizio talks to Fornos, along with Pam Perlich of the University of Utah and Anne O'Connell of the Utah Population and Environment Coalition.
- Tuesday, September 27
- 11:00 am: "Global Security and Population" at Salt Lake Community College-Redwood Campus as part of International Education Week. Sponsored by SLCC Student Services and the Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy. Student Events Center, 4600 S. Redwood Drive. Contact: Laura Dupuy (801-652-3348)
- 7:00 pm: "Gaining People, Losing Ground" sponsored by the Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy. Salt Lake City Jewish Community Center, 2 North Medical Drive, Salt Lake City. Contact: Laura Dupuy (801-652-3348).
- Wednesday, September 28
- 9:40 am: "World Population Growth" at the University of Utah. Forum hosted by the Hinckley Institute of Politics. Hinckley Caucus Room - 225 Orson Spencer Hall. Contact: Jayne Nelson (801-581-8501).
- 3:00 pm: "Gaining People, Losing Ground" at Utah State University - Logan. Tagart Student Center Ballroom. Contact: Walter Yates (801-403-9425).
- 7:30 pm: "Gaining People, Losing Ground" at the Jubilee Center. Event hosted by the Utah Population and Environment Coalition and the Salt Lake League of Women Voters. Jubilee Center, 309 East 100 South, Salt Lake City. Wayne Martinson (801-364-2971).
- Thursday, September 29
- 7:15 am: Park City Rotary Club at the Cabin Restaurant at the Summit Hotel. Contact: Bill Loughlin (435-659-1742).
- 9:10 am: "Global Security and Terrorism" at the University of Utah. Forum hosted by the Hinckley Institute of Politics. Hinckley Caucus Room - 225 Orson Spencer Hall. Contact: Jayne Nelson (801-581-8501).
- 3:00 pm: "Hunger and Poverty, A Question of Global Security" at Utah State University- Logan. Old Main 119. Contact: Bill Furlong (435-797-1311).
- 7:00 pm: The Wasatch Audubon Society presents: "Global Security and Population." Ogden Nature Center. Contact: Keith Evans (801-476-0232).
Or shop on-line at Amazon.com. A portion of your purchase benefits KUER.