RadioWest (M-F @ 11AM & 7PM)
Thu July 7, 2005
Friday, July 8: No Safe Haven
By Jenny Brundin
Salt Lake City, UT – Every day in the U.S., four women are murdered by their spouses or partners and thousands more are severely injured. The Supreme Court and Congress are both playing major roles this summer in determining whether millions of women in abusive relationships get the help they need. Jenny Brundin looks at the domestic violence movement -- what has worked, what has not -- and why women are still being murdered. We'll speak to Los Angeles-based writer Sara Catania about her special report on domestic violence in the current issue of Mother Jones magazine, along with Utah activists.
- Read Sara Catania's articles in the current issue of Mother Jones Magazine
- Utah Domestic Violence Coalition
- Utah Domestic Violence Information Line, Call 800-897-LINK (5465)
- YWCA of Salt Lake City
- National Domestic Violence Hotline Call 800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Learn more about Sarah Sutherland's book Not Another Sarah
- Purchase a CD of today's RadioWest.