Donate to KUER and Support the Utah Food Bank with AARP-Utah
When you choose to donate to KUER, you can also support the Utah Food Bank by choosing the Utah Food Bank Premium when you pledge. Your gift will then be matched by AARP-Utah.
Did you know:
- 1 in 6 Utahns is unsure where their next meal comes from.
- This equates to approximately 472,000 Utahns, or 17% of our population.
- 1 in 5 Utah children will likely miss a meal today due to lack of resources.
- September is National Hunger Action Month.
There is no better time to support two great causes!
- Pledge $120 (or $10 a month) to donate 20 meals to the Utah Food Bank
- Pledge $180 (or $15 a month) to donate 30 meals to the Utah Food Bank
- Pledge $240 (or $20 a month) to donate 40 meals to the Utah Food Bank
About the Utah Food Bank:
Utah Food Bank was founded in 1904 as the Salt Lake Charity Association. Over its 100 years of operation under various names and in various forms, Utah Food Bank has remained committed to serving Utah's citizens in need. Last year, Utah Food Bank distributed 36.3 million pounds of food to Utahns in need. This equates to 28.3 million meals distributed. Utah Food Bank distributes food to all 29 counties in the state through their network of 130 emergency food pantries and agencies. More than 220,000 hot, nutritious meals were served at 29 Kids Cafe sites during the past year. They handed out more than 62,000 backpacks full of kid-friendly, nutritious food for children to take home with them over the weekend so that they have access to food when not in school. The Utah Food Bank Food Box program allowed 42,000 food boxes to be hand-delivered to seniors and persons with disabilities. Support the Utah Food Bank with your donation to KUER.
For more information, contact Renee Bright at firstname.lastname@example.org