‘Tis the season of giving, and your donation this holiday season can help support two great organizations when you donate to KUER. We are partnering with Crossroads Urban Center this year to provide infant supplies to families in need. Infant supplies, including formula, diapers, wipes, and clothing, are some of the most needed donations at the Crossroads Urban Center, so if you would like to support this cause, select the Crossroads Urban Center thank you gift when you make your pledge.
Your donation of:
- $60 (or a monthly $5 donation) will supply 1 family with formula, diapers, wipes, and a clothing voucher.
- $120 (or a monthly $10 donation) will supply 2 families with formula, diapers, wipes, and a clothing voucher.
- $240 (or a monthly $20 donation) will supply 4 families with formula, diapers, wipes, and a clothing voucher.
Did you know:
- 17,000 families (32,000 people) received a three day supply of groceries from Crossroads Urban Center's emergency food pantry this year.
- Over 3,600 families received a free turkey from Crossroads Urban Center this Thanksgiving.
- Approximately 1,700 households came to Crossroads Urban Center for assistance with diapers this year.
- Approximately 500 households with infants came in for baby formula beyond what is included in emergency food orders this year.
- Over 3,500 households received aid with transit passes, gasoline, prescriptions, and rent or utilities through Crossroads Urban Center this year
- Approximately 13,000 people received free clothing & household items from the Crossroads Thrift Store this year.
- Over 1,400 children received new shoes through Crossroads this year.
- 38% of people served by Crossroads Urban Center are 18 or younger.
- Over 27% of food pantry clients are 12 years old or younger.
About Crossroads Urban Center:
Crossroads Urban Center is a nonprofit, grassroots organization that assists and organizes Utahns with low incomes, those with disabilities, and people of color to meet basic survival needs and to address essential issues affecting quality of life. Established in 1966, Crossroads is a multi-faith, community based project related to the United Methodist Women Inc. Support Crossroads Urban Center with your donation to KUER, and stop by the Eccles Broadcast Center for our Winter Food and Clothing Drive on December 12th, with donations benefiting the Crossroads Urban Center. More information here.
Support for KUER's social good program comes from Rocky Mountain Power.