RadioWest (M-F @ 11AM & 7PM)
Thu September 21, 2006
9/22/06: Desert Wars
By Doug Fabrizio
Salt Lake City, UT – Nevada is the driest state in the nation. Utah, the second driest. It's a story as old as the West itself. Individuals and communities need water to survive, and who has access to how much is always a question. KUED's new documentary Desert Wars: Water and the West looks at the case of the Snake Valley aquifer, and the competition between a growing urban landscape and the ranches and resources of the desert. Doug talks to producer John Howe and others about the culture of water in our region.
- KUER's Desert Wars: Water and the West airs Monday, September 25 at 8:00 p.m. and repeats Wednesday, September 27 at 11:00 p.m. on KUED Channel 7.
- Read Squeezing Water from a Stone in the September 19, 2005 High Country News
- Visit the Southern Nevada Water Authority's web-page on In-State Water Resources
- Visit the Utah Division of Water Rights
- Visit the Wild Utah Project