9/20/07: Building Green
Salt Lake City, UT – This Saturday, 9 houses and a new condominium development will be featured in the 3rd annual Green Home Tour in Salt Lake and Park City. Building green is a growing trend, and Thursday on RadioWest, Jennifer Napier-Pearce looks at what exactly being "green" means. What materials and systems can people use to improve the efficiency of their living space, and is it affordable for the average home owner? Jennifer talks to Ashley Patterson of the Green Building Center, architect Soren Simonsen, and Michael Dietz of Utah State University.
- Resources mentioned in today's program:
- The Green Home Tour is this Saturday, September 22nd from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. For details on tickets and locations, click here or call The Green Building Center at (801) 484-6278.
- Proceeds from the tour will benefit DesignBuildBluff
- Visit Utah House, Utah State University's sustainable building and demonstration center in Kaysville. To learn more by phone, call (801)544-3089.
- Cooper Roberts Simonsen Architecture
Or shop on-line Amazon.com for books and music from today's RadioWest. A portion of your purchase benefits KUER.