Salt Lake City, UT – Thursday on RadioWest, we're hoping to hear from you - responding to this question: What is significant about George W Bush's visit to Utah next week? The President's speech before the American Legion Convention isn't the reason Utahns are enthused about the visit. The convention will be a back-drop for two very different rallies - for those who support the President and his direction in the war on terror - and those who are decidedly against it. How are you thinking about it? Which rally are you going to attend, and why
- We The People for Peace and Justice, self-sponsored. Initially, this group plans to gather on the west side of Washington Square (the City-County Building grounds) from 10:30 AM until 12:30 PM. From 12:30 PM until approximately 1:15 PM, the group will walk to the Federal Building via the east side of State St. Later that day, the group plans to meet in Pioneer Park from 5:00 PM until 9:00 PM.
- Freedom Rally, sponsored by Operation Give. This group will gather at the Rice Terrace Pavilion in Liberty Park from 12:00 PM until 6:00 PM.
- The Welcome and Appreciation Rally for The President of the United States, sponsored by The Utah Republican Party. This group plans to gather on the west side of Washington Square (the City-County Building grounds) from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM.
- Immigration Rally and Walk, sponsored by Proyecto Latino de Utah. This group plans to meet in the northwest corner of Liberty Park from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM. They will walk around the perimeter of the park.
- Death To Israel, sponsored by Center to Prevent Corporate Media Lying. This group plans to gather on the Northeast corner of Washington Square from 9:00 AM until 11:00 PM.
- Matthew LaPlante's Unsuccessful Mission: Bush Fails to Sell Warin yesterday's Salt Lake Tribune