7/23/08: Monet to Picasso
Salt Lake City, UT – It's been called a "blockbuster" and a "once in a lifetime" event. With 74 masterworks from 19th and 20th century artists like Picasso and Gauguin, the Utah Museum of Arts has every reason to be proud. The exhibit comes from Cleveland, and Wednesday on RadioWest, Jennifer Napier-Pearce talks to curator William Robinson and to art historian Richard Brettell about the masters of European modernism - and the fascinating journey from impressionism to surrealism.
- Follow with us as we look at three pieces from the "Monet to Picasso" exhibit. Click on a link to see the art we're discussing:
- Paul Gauguin, In the Waves, 1889
- August Rodin, The Age of Bronze, 1876
- Pablo Picasso, La Vie, 1903
- The Utah Museum of Fine Arts will host "Monet to Picasso from the Cleveland Museum of Art" through September 21, 2008. For tickets and information, call 801-581-7332 or click here
- On Saturday, August 2nd at 1:00 p.m., William Robinson will give a lecture on the masterpieces in the Monet to Picasso exhibit. For more information, visit The Utah Museum of Fine Arts
- Read more from Julie Checkoway in The Salt Lake Tribune
Or shop on-line Amazon.com for books and music from today's RadioWest. A portion of your purchase benefits KUER.
Other music from Portland Cello Project