RadioWest (M-F @ 11AM & 7PM)
Tue July 1, 2008
7/2/08: Working a 4-Day Week
By Doug Fabrizio
Salt Lake City, UT – There aren't a lot of progressive ideas coming out of Utah government these days, but Governor Jon Huntsman is implementing a ground-breaking idea to save energy - a four-day work week. Though other states have offered it to their employees, Utah is the first to make it mandatory for some. Wednesday on RadioWest, we'll talk about the plan and about the impact of the 4-day model on employees, customers and the bottom line.
- Today's Guests:
- Jeff Herring, Utah State Department of Human Resource Management, Learn more about Governor Huntsman's plan here
- Daniel Petty, Stateline.org, Read his article State Workers: Thank God It's Thursday
- John de Graaf, Take Back Your Time
- John Challenger, Challenger, Gray & Christmas
- Aaron Newton, Read his article The Four Day Work Week: Sixteen Reasons Why This Might Be an Idea Whose Time Has Come
Or shop on-line Amazon.com for books and music from today's RadioWest. A portion of your purchase benefits KUER.