Salt Lake City, UT – The Bush administration has been encouraging the Bureau of Land Management to make energy exploration easier, and on Tuesday, Utah's BLM conducted a massive sale of oil and gas leases. Doug is joined by NPR's Elizabeth Shogren, along with industry advocates and conservationists, to explore the implications on the American economy and on Utah's environment.
- Utah Bureau of Land Management
- Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance
- SUWA Oil and Gas Fact Sheet
- SUWA analysis of oil and gas leasing and development and Utah's redrock wilderness (2004)
- Utah Petroleum Association
- American Petroleum Institute
- Independent Petroleum Association of America