5/11/06: The Value of Motherhood
Salt Lake City, UT – How do you measure the value of a mother? We all have intangible ways of recognizing our own moms, but what of mothers in the broader sense? What is the value of motherhood to the economy, to our society and to our culture? At 11:00 a.m., Doug profiles "A MOMbo Mother's Day 2006," which looks at the history and significance and Mother's Day and motherhood. Then at 7:00 p.m., RadioWest presents the documentary in its entirety.
- Visit producer Nanci Olesen's MOMbo.org, a radio resource for moms.
- Read the text of Julia Ward Howe's 1870 Mother's Day Proclamation for Peace
- Mothers & More - The Network for Sequencing Women
- Moms Rising - Working Together to Build a Family Friendly America
- Mothers Ought to Have Equal Rights
Or shop on-line at Amazon.com. A portion of your purchase benefits KUER.