Salt Lake City, UT – In 1953, authorities arrested some 400 Mormon fundamentalists - including 236 children - in what was called "the largest mass arrest of men and women in modern American history." Fast forward to this month - when more than 400 children from the FLDS community in Texas were taken into state custody. Tuesday, we'll talk about the recent raid and how it compares to earlier actions. At the heart of the matter remains an essential question: Is this life style a matter of religious liberty or a form of slavery for women?
- Today's Guests:
- Brian West, Assistant City Editor, Deseret Morning News
- Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff, Safety Net for Polygamy
- Rowena Erickson, Tapestry Against Polygamy
- Ken Verdoia, KUED
- Author Dorothy Allred Solomon
- Legal Historian Ken Driggs
Or shop on-line Amazon.com for books and music from today's RadioWest. A portion of your purchase benefits KUER.